Mold and mildew inspections, mold sampling and testing by Spore°Tech Mold Investigations, LLC, Louisville KY 502-262-2022 can lead to mold prevention in home and occupational workplace environments.
OSHA’s Guidelines for Mold Prevention
Moisture control is the key to mold control. When water leaks or spills occur indoors - act promptly. Any initial water infiltration should be stopped and cleaned promptly. A prompt response (within 24-48 hours) and thorough clean-up, drying, and/or removal of water-damaged materials will prevent or limit mold growth.
Mold prevention tips include:
- Repairing plumbing leaks and leaks in the building structure as soon as possible.
- Looking for condensation and wet spots. Fix source(s) of moisture incursion problem(s) as soon as possible.
- Preventing moisture from condensing by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in the air (humidity). To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in the air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify (if outdoor air is warm and humid).
- Keeping HVAC drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
- Performing regularly scheduled building/ HVAC inspections and maintenance, including filter changes.
- Maintaining indoor relative humidity below 70% (25 - 60%, if possible).
- Venting moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible.
- Venting kitchens (cooking areas) and bathrooms according to local code requirements.
- Cleaning and drying wet or damp spots as soon as possible, but no more than 48 hours after discovery.
- Providing adequate drainage around buildings and sloping the ground away from building foundations. Follow all local building codes.
- Pinpointing areas where leaks have occurred, identifying the causes, and taking preventive action to ensure that they do not reoccur.
Source and more information: http://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/shib101003.html
If you have concerns regarding mold damage and/or mold health effects and suspect exposure to indoor mold and mildew, contact Spore°Tech Mold Investigations, LLC, Louisville, KY for a consultation and on-site inspection and your specific assessment and abatement requirements. Inquiries that are emailed to email@example.com and include your name and phone number will receive a prompt response. Or, you can speak directly with one of Spore°Tech Mold Investigations, LLC’s certified mold inspectors at 502.262.2022.